Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Power Hour

Recently Gretchen wrote about the concept of a Power Hour.



I love this idea--take all those small, nagging chores that need to be done and schedule them--one hour a week.  And it's so true that I feel better once the little, not-urgent-but-still-nagging things are done.

Here is my Power Hour list as of right now:

  • Start planning Caitlin's birthday party
  • Make a doctor's appointment for myself
  • Make a Goodwill donation
  • Take down the Valentine's decorations
  • Research phone upgrade costs
  • Look into opening another iTunes account
  • Upload pictures and videos from our cameras
  • Move things that don't belong in the laundry room

As you can see, some of these really are as simple as a phone call.  Some of them (the last one) will require a little more work on my part--but if I plan to spend one hour next Wednesday getting it done, it's much more likely to happen.

No comments: