Friday, January 1, 2016

How I Did: the Modern Mrs. Darcy 2015 Reading Challenge


Last year I printed out the MMD 2015 Reading Challenge page, and I've been checking off books as I go.  I never officially joined the Pinterest group last year, and I have fixed that for 2016.

I checked off 10 out of 12, and I'm pleased with that result.  I am going to aim for 12 out of 12 for 2016--goals are good!

Here's what I read in 2015:

A book you've been meaning to read: Middlemarch by George Eliot

A book published this year: A Dangerous Place by Jacqueline Winspear


A book in a genre you don't typically read: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


A book from your childhood: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee


A book your mom loves: The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier


A book "everyone' has read but you: Life After Life by Kate Atkinson


A book you chose because of the cover: Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple


A book by a favorite author: Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee


A book recommended by someone with great taste: Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner


A book that currently on the bestseller list: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

That makes ten; I abandoned what would have been number eleven: a book that was originally written in a different language: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

And "a book you should have read in high school" is the only category that I didn't cover.



No comments: